Why would you want to make a homemade Nutella? Because Nutella is not vegan, yet there are some Nutella-alike products for you to buy. If you are anything like me, you will spend endless hours reading the labels – yes I know you do, you love Nutella too. So Nutella is not vegan? no, read this ingredient list for the original Nutella Hazelnut Spread:
- Sugar (may or may not be vegan)
- Palm oil (vegan but not for the environment-friendly)
- Skim milk!
- Reduced minerals whey (and that’s milk)
- Lecithin as emulsifier (soy, unless labeled “organic” it’s GMO)
- Vanillin: An artificial flavor (can contain anything)
Below the recipe is an infographic.
Home Made Vegan Nutella
This batch will be 2-1/2 cup.
1 cup = 2.3 dl.
Can be stored in a refrigerator for 7 days.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of your choice
- Melt the chocolate
- Pulse the hazelnuts until powdery
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and the milk
- Process until smooth