A fast dessert, it takes 15 minutes to put this vegan apple crisp together. Start making it just before your dinner, then let it bake while you eat. If you have kids, this is a great recipe, they will be more than happy to be your helpers; you do the apples and they mix it all together using their (clean) hands.
Apples belong to the “dirty dozen”, so if your apples are not organic, then do peel them.
I like to top it with coconut cream or better yet coconut whipped cream
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 12
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- 4 organic apples
- ½ cup / 75 g golden raisins
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup / 100 g coconut oil
- ½ cup / 50 g almond flour
- ½ cup / 50 g coconut crystals
- ½ cup / 50 g sliced blanched almonds
- ¼ cup / 35 g chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375° F/ 190°C. Generously grease a baking dish with coconut oil or use baking paper.
- Core and chop the apples. Mix the apples, raisins, coconut flour, maple syrup and lemon juice in the prepared dish.
- In a bowl, use your fingers to mix the coconut oil, almond flour, coconut crystals, sliced almonds and chopped pecans. When the mixture is crumbly, sprinkle it over the fruit.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is browned and apples are tender.