This morning I got my son up, and the first thing he asks: When did you make the cookies? I couldn’t smell anything last night…. I don’t usual swear, but I did then. I had promised to bake cookies for his class field trip and forgotten all about it, now what to do?
I have this fast-n-easy recipe that I had wanted to try and now the time had come, apparently.
It’s easy, fast and tastes yummy, and if you have a little more time than I did, you can put a little spin of your own on it.
- ½ cup vegan butter (earth balance, vegan margarine, vegetable shortening, nut butter)
- 1 cup vegan sugar (dark brown muscovado sugar or whatever sugar you prefer)
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Turn on the oven and preheat oven to 375ºF / 190C
- Mix the vegan butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes).
- Whisk the cornstarch, baking powder, and water together until it is smooth. pour into the creamy batter.
- mix in the flour then the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Bake at 375ºF / 190C until lightly browned on the edges and the middle still looks undercooked.
- It takes about 8-10 minutes depending on your oven.
Read more and see video on how to make them here: http://bakerbettie.com/easy-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies-6-ingredients/
Photo Credit: Maggie Hagedorn