This four-ingredient vegan chocolate and almond bite recipe offers a dose of healthy decadence. The topping of hemp seeds makes it protein-rich. The bites are super fast to make, and then are ready after 30 minutes in the freezer.
The recipe calls for almond extract, but vanilla extract or vanilla pods tastes just as good, if not better. The recipe has nothing sweet in it, so the chocolate bites will taste bitter. if you want a sweet taste then you can add 2 tablespoon of agave nectar or, as I do, add a bit of coconut cream on top.
Next time I’ll try and add a few drops of orange juice or orange oil because I love the taste of blend of bitter chocolate and orange.
I do not know for how long these will last in a fridge. The longest I have been able to keep them is 5 days – and then all were gone.
The 4 ingredients:
and here the final result:
1 tsp = 5 ml
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 20 oz / 500 g Organic Dark Chocolate minimum 78% cacao content
- 1 cup / 100 g sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon Organic Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup / 50 g shredded hemp seeds, lightly toasted
- Line a baking tray (big enough to fit into your freezer) with wax or baking paper
- Lightly toast the coconut over low heat. Set aside.
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in the almond extract and sliced almonds. Spread the mixture over the prepared sheet. Evenly sprinkle with the lightly toasted hempseed.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!