This lovely bean salad is both vegan and alkaline, rich in taste and filling. Cayenne pepper has been declared a super-spice, it’s great for high blood pressure, too high level of LDL cholesterol, cleans the arteries and many other benefits, you can read more about it at http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/
15 ounce = 450 ml 1/2 cup = 1 dl. 1 tbsp = tablespoon = 15 ml 1 tsp = teaspoon = 5 ml
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions chopped-optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp flax oil-optional
- 1 tbsp hemp oil-optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon celtic salt or sea salt
- 1 – 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper to season at serving time
- In a large bowl, combine beans, chopped veggies, green onions.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and gently combine without mashing the beans.
- Serve over fresh greens.
- Allow diners to season with cayenne pepper to their liking.
For photos and more about cayenne pepper read at: http://www.alkalinesisters.com/spanish-bean-salad/461/