Tomato soup as well. My kids love tomato soup, its easy and quick, and it almost feels like getting a night of from the stove.
The recipe calls for a 2 cans or tins of tomatoes if you prefer to use fresh tomatoes use 500g and cook together with the onions then puree with a handheld blender.
- 2oz / 1 cup / 2.3 dl. silken tofu (such as Mori-nu Soft Silken Tofu)
- 1/3 cup / 45 g nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons / 30 g miso paste (white, "mellow" or red work!)
- 1 Tablespoon / 15 g lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons / 10 g tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional, for color!)
- 3 Tablespoons / 45 mg tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour. If you cannot find it you can use rice flour or cornstarch but it won't have the same texture so try to find tapioca starch sometime!)
- bread! As much as you need. This makes a lot of sauce so you can make many grilled cheese sandwiches!
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of tomatoes (either whole or chopped)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Put everything in a blender and blend until it is very smooth. Heat the sauce in a small saucepan over high heat until it comes to a boil. Make sure you stir constantly while making this sauce so it doesn't burn to the bottom. Continue to stir while boiling until the sauce becomes thick. Remove from the heat.
- Heat up your pan for you sandwiches. Spread a bunch of cheese sauce over one slice of bread and slap the other piece on. Grill them on a dry pan until browned on each side Serve up with your tomato soup - which, by the way, you may want to start before you start making sandwiches!
- Saute your onions in a pot with a tablespoon or so of water over medium high heat. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Put in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, tomato paste, canned tomatoes and stevia. Bring up to a boil and then put on the lid. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and blend the soup. Depending on your blender you might have to do this in batches.
- Once blended stir in the almond milk and add salt to taste.
Read more at: