Halloween is approaching – more use for the pumpkin pulp – The Vegan Zombie’s Pumpkin Rolls!
1 cup = 2.3 dl – 1 tsp = 5 ml
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
4 ½ tsp egg replacer
6 Tbs water
3/4 cup white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
Watch the video on how to do it (a written description below the video)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl add the egg replacer and water. Stir together thoroughly.
3. In mixing bowl add pumpkin puree and egg replacer mixture. Stir together and then add sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix everything together and stir the flour in.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with non-stick spray.
5. Pour pumpkin batter on parchment and spread out so it’s as smooth and even as possible. Bake in oven for 15 min. When you can push down on it and it bounces back, it is done.
1 package vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup vegan buttery spread i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Set vegan butter and cream cheese out until it is room temperature, about 1 hour. In mixing bowl, add vegan butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Stir together and add sugar a little at a time. Place in refrigerator.
2. Lay a smooth sheet or towel on counter and sprinkle powdered sugar on it. Carefully take parchment sheet of pumpkin layer and flip over onto the sheet. Sprinkle some more powdered sugar on the pumpkin layer.
3. Carefully roll the sheet with the pumpkin layer up into a cylinder and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Pull pumpkin roll out and unroll it on counter. Spread cream cheese filling evenly on surface of pumpkin sheet but leave about 2 inches unfrosted at the top. Begin to roll the pumpkin layer up starting closest to you and ending furthest from you. Do not roll the towel this time.
5. Place in freezer for about 1 hour.