In the back of my cupboard I found half a kilo (approx. one lb) of dried Goji Berries, still within “best before date”, usual I just put them on my muesli or as a part of my porridge. But I wanted to make something new and since it is warm here I wanted to make something cold. So, I came up with this chilled goji berry and cashew smoothie.
The cashews and the banana make the smoothie creamy, when you add ice cubes it becomes a great summer smoothie. Leave the ice cubes and you get a nice thick and creamy smoothie.
- 1.5 cups / 375 ml filtered water
- 2 Tbsp cashews
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- 1 cup / 2.3 dl frozen berries
- 1 banana, frozen (peeled)
- a few ice cubes
- Add water and cashews in a blender and blend until creamy
- Add remaining goji berries, berries and the banana, blend until smooth
- If desired put a few ice cubes
Photo credit: Gaurav Misrah